MACSCRPT Archives

June 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andreas Kiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:13:10 +0200
Hi all,

François from Satimage did help (out of the list).

set doc to XMLOpen alias "...ntsc2.xml"
set nl to ASCII character 10
set l to XMLRegexp (nl & "	+") in doc with all occurrences
repeat with x in l
	XMLSetText x to ""
end
XMLSave doc

seems to do the job.
Those people at Satimage are great.

Andreas

On 06.06.2007, at 16:36, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> At 11:13 a +0200 06/06/2007, Andreas Kiel didst inscribe upon an
> electronic papyrus:

>> 	delsp=yes;
>> 	format=flowed
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm still (or better again) struggling a bit with XMLlib.
>> But that's really not the fault of the Satimage people, since the
>> XMLs I've to work with don't follow the specs as they should - at
>> least as far as I see.
>>
>> Maybe somebody got a tip for me how to handle the things below
>> (I've attached a file, if that works with the list).
>
> It does not. :)
>
>> If I check values using XMLGetText I will get ascii character 13
>> plus  whatever number of tabs if the value is empty - since the
>> XML uses  ascii 13 for new line and tabs for indent.
>> If I modify a value and save the XML all "empty" values will be
>> nailed to: ascii character 13 plus whatever number of tabs. And so
>> the XML is useless to bring it back to the original application.
>>
>> Any way to modify the XML upfront in a fast way so that this
>> won't  happen?
>> If there would be a fast way to remove the indents first and then
>> remove all values which are exactly ascii 13 that would be the
>> most convient.
>
> I'm sure a Perl script could fix the file. Maybe something like this:
>
> s/(<([A-Za-z0-9:]+)>)(\015\009+)/\1<\/\2>\3/g;
>
> ...but that is off the top of my very tired brain and is probably
> wrong. :)
>

> -boo

Andreas Kiel
Spherico