MACSCRPT Archives

June 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andreas Kiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:13:48 +0200
Hi all,

I'm still (or better again) struggling a bit with XMLlib.
But that's really not the fault of the Satimage people, since the
XMLs I've to work with don't follow the specs as they should - at
least as far as I see.

Maybe somebody got a tip for me how to handle the things below (I've
attached a file, if that works with the list).
If I check values using XMLGetText I will get ascii character 13 plus
whatever number of tabs if the value is empty - since the XML uses
ascii 13 for new line and tabs for indent.
If I modify a value and save the XML all "empty" values will be
nailed to: ascii character 13 plus whatever number of tabs. And so
the XML is useless to bring it back to the original application.

Any way to modify the XML upfront in a fast way so that this won't
happen?
If there would be a fast way to remove the indents first and then
remove all values which are exactly ascii 13 that would be the most
convient.

Thanks
Andreas