MACSCRPT Archives

June 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:59:09 -0700
On May 26, 2007, at 19:09 PM, Emmett Gray wrote:

> Is there something like a "path to home" problem since home is
> inside a disk image? I'm pretty sure the troubles are caused by
> some kind of path issues...

Well, the image is mounted at /Users/<user name>, so the path should
be identical. However, it is a separate volume from the volume
containing /Users/, and aliases store information about the volume
and directory ID within that volume, so there may be an issue with
resolving aliases.

One thing I'd try: Save the Applescript as text, then open it and
compile it while the File Vault-protected user is logged in.

--
Chris Page - Computer Professional

  We cause accidents.                           -- Nathaniel Borenstein