MACSCRPT Archives

June 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:45:56 -0400
On Jun 25, 2007, at 1:06 PM, john darnell wrote:

> stuff {TheFolder} into archive ArchiveName compression level maximum
> with replacing
> 		close window "ABC Archive.sitx"
>
> 	end tell
>
> code ends here**************************************
>
> Please note that all the commented-out lines are variations I tried
> using to get this script running.
>
> Macintosh HD:ABC Folder exists.  I added these line to the script
> and ran it, to verify my path:
>
> set myfolder to choose folder
> display dialog myfolder.
>
> The message I am getting from Stuffit is as follows:
>
> Stuffit Deluxe got an error: Can't get {path}
>
> where path is the appropriate variation commented out above.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

What I have in my albeit old code is

set anItem to choose folder
set outFolder to (path to desktop)

stuff anItem into ((outfolder as string) & outname) with deleting
originals and making self extracting without showing progress

> John
> Trivia Question:  What is the significance of the title, "Fahrenheit
> 451?"

Supposedly its the temperature at which paper burns.  According to the
authors note he just made picked the number because he liked it.