LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 13:19:20 -0400
Hi!

Are you attending IALLT 2007 at Tufts in June?

I thought I'd share news about some of the exciting events happening in
Boston during the month so that you can get a full taste of our fair
city (Thanks, Click and Clack.)

These links will show you a comprehensive listing of events and
attractions. Make sure you have time to extend your stay in Boston for a
few extra days to really get to know it.

http://tinyurl.com/24spep

http://www.artsboston.org/default.asp

http://www.bostonusa.com/Member_forms/SITC%2007.pdf

And be sure to make time for the terrific Edward Hopper exhibit at the
Museum of Fine Arts:

EDWARD HOPPER RETROSPECTIVE
EARLY SUNDAY MORNING
A touring retrospective of EDWARD HOPPER's six-decade career is  at the
Museum of Fine Arts, and it includes his best-known piece, Nighthawks, a
color-drunk portrait of patrons at a late-night diner caught in a moment
that suggests poignant loneliness. This feeling, along with urban
architecture and a particular fascination with New York City (Hopper
lived in Greenwich Village for more than 50 years), is among the
recurring themes in the artist's realist paintings, watercolors, and
prints. See the work John Updike described as "calm, silent, stoic,
luminous, classic" at the MFA, 465 Huntington Ave, Boston | May 6-August
19 | 617.267.9300.
<http://thephoenix.com/Listings/Details.aspx?category=Classical%20Music,
Theater,Museums/Galleries,&listing=186564&city=Boston>

Oh, and don't forget --- the 10 best, well, you know:

http://www.10best.com/Boston/Nightlife/Pubs/index.html

See you soon,

Ed

"Canaries in the morning, Orchestras

In the afternoon, balloons at night."

                              -Wallace Stevens, <<Academic Discourse at
Havana>>

Edmund N. Dente

Director, Language Media Center

Ass't Director, Media Services

Tufts University           Medford, MA 02155

[log in to unmask]             617.627.3036

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.