LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 15:33:15 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Nina Garrett <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:55:56 -0400
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Nina Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MLA report

For those of you who haven't seen it already -- the MLA has released
its report on "Foreign Languages and Higher Education:  New
Structures for a Changed World".  Go to www.mla.org  and click on the
first heading of the list of reports to the left.  Many of the
report's recommendations are for initiatives that forward-looking
language educators and programs are already working on, but I think
this represents a very strong stance for the MLA to take.   One can
always suggest other wordings or wish that certain points had been
included or excluded, but I'm really pleased.

         Best,
                 Nina

Nina Garrett, Director
Center for Language Study