LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 13:23:11 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8546.2 (!) dual boot lab
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:39 -0400
>From: "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

An image of a dual-boot iMac can be written to an external drive using
Bombich's Carbon Copy Cloner, and propagated to other machines using his
Net Restore.  These solid freeware programs are agnostic as to whether
the copied bits are formatted for Mac or Windows.

In addition, with Mac OS X Server you can take up a Net Boot Image of a
dual-boot machine that's been configured with Parallels and have your
lab computers fetch the entire set-up fresh from the server at start-up.

David Kanig
Language Resource Center
Brown University