LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 14:59:50 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Brenda Bertrand <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 19:21:26 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Brenda Bertrand <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Second Life
>To: [log in to unmask]

Has anyone joined the Second Life Campus?  Apparently, you can do live voice
chatting with Vivox.  There are also many regional areas (Japanese, Italian,
Spanish, French) where students can interact with native speakers.  I'm
looking into it, but would love some feedback if anyone else has tried this.
 I'm still not convinced that the pedagogical benefits are worth the cost
and the training that would go into this kind of venture.

I'd appreciate any comments on this.

Thank you,
Brenda Bertrand
Director, Foreign Language Learning Center
Wittenberg University

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.