LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 11:13:23 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:12:49 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8536. 1-4 (!) Second Life

Your topic is of great interest to me. We are exploring the use of Club
Penguin (a virtual world for children) as a language learning tool for deaf
children. We are in need of setting up webcams for our kids so they can sign
to each other. We've played with doing it live with kids at computers across
from each other so they can't see each other's screens but have to talk to
each other to decide to go places and do things together. We've also tried it
through videophones and the communication shot through the ceiling. I'd like
to learn much more about others efforts in this area. Can anyone suggest
contacts or a starting point?
Thanks
Harley Hamilton