LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 15:00:01 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8387.4 (!) Multi-system vcr.eml
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:45:05 -0400
>From: "Kanig, David" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

I'm looking for a replacement for the discontinued Samsung SV 5000W.

A salesperson at buyriteelectronics.com says Fugedaboudit, there's
nothing on the market to take its place, the world has moved to DVDs.

A salesperson at 220-electronics.com says that a viable replacement is
the Samsung SV 6500W in combination with an external converter.
However, his English was not very good, and I couldn't get him to give
me the specs on the 6500.  And I'm not seeing information about it
online.  Has anyone had experience with this technology?

David

David Kanig
Manager, Technical Services
Language Resource Center