LLTI Archives

May 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 14:13:47 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Dente, Edmund N." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8526 saving positive/negative film
>Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:43:50 -0400
>From: "Dente, Edmund N." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

> 5- Once you get your digital versions, is it ok to dispose of the
> negatives (as, I assume, you dispose of the analogue tapes once they
> have been converted to digital format)? I'm trying to think what
> having the negatives would allow me to do (that the digital copies
> wouldn't),
They will allow you to get access to those images when all the formats
you digitize them to now will no longer be accessible by future
computers.
So say positive film, Kodachrome, has a life of 75 - 125 years.
What will the lifespan of a proprietary digital format be?
Ed

Pirate of prosciutt'
Brigand of brasciol'
Vice-president in charge of calzones.
 -The Sopranos

REGISTER NOW FOR IALLT '07.
http://ase.tufts.edu/iallt/default.asp
We are prepared to make an offer you can't refuse!

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.