MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Baltutis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 00:10:32 -0700
On 05/03/07, Richard Meyeroff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was curious what the AppleScript Guru's think of the MacTech April
> Issue that contains the VBA>Applescript section?

It'll really p**s off a lot of Office for Mac users if they have to relearn how
to make macros work in the frothcoming Office 2008, especially when the AS
scripts can't be invoked from within the documents. I have a single standalone
Excel macro that I launch and use via keyboard shortcuts within many investment
tracking trworksheets and I'm having a hard time getting a handle on how to
convert it and use it as an applescript in Excel. Paul put a lot of work on it,
but wrote it from an AS perspective and not from an Office app user
perspective. I suspect that, outside a business environment, many personal
computer users won't upgrade to Office 2008 if they have a substantial
investment in current macros.