MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 20:00:59 -0400
On May 2, 2007, at 7:48 PM, Chuck Pelto wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On May 2, 2007, at 5:36 PM, Mark Lively wrote:
>
>> iDVD can read PDFs and incorporate slide shows.  It is Probably
>> the easiest way to do it.
>>
>> Also DVDs are a great idea.  Probably far cheaper in bulk than 40
>> page manuals.  You can also include sound files
>
> What are the steps to make a 'slide show' of a PDF document?

1) Burst apart the PDF into pages.  I think there is an automator
action to do this
2) Fire up iDVD
3) New project
4) Hit the Add Slideshow button
5) Drag the PDFs into the iDVD window.

I haven't used iDVD much but there should be instructions and a tutorial

> Would it play well on a <blech!> Windoz machine? Even VISTA? A DVD-
> to-Televison system? As it would on a Mac?

DVD's made with iDVD are real DVD's and play in normal DVD players
and on computers.  It should play on just about anything.