MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Emmanuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 21:43:40 +0200
I think I see what Bill means. The minimum you have to do to get a
piece of text out of a XML is: XMLOpen to open the document, then
XMLRoot to get a reference to the root node, then XMLFind (or other
commands) to get a reference to the node you want, and finally
XMLGetText to get the text (or XMLGetAttribute to get an attribute's
value.)

You have to get used to it.

Emmanuel

that's http://www.w3schools.com

>they have a lot of easy to understand examples.

Also, our site's documentation (user guide + tutorial) is not so bad:
http://www.satimage-software.com/en/xml_suite.html