MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Andreas Kiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 19:21:01 +0200
Hi all,

I already asked at the ASS list, but it might be better to ask here.

I'm a little bit desperate about getting the file size of a busy file
when the file name has more than 31 characters.
It always works if the file is written, but not when the file is busy
and that's what I need.
I tried a shell script, get eof, size of (info). Always same behaviour.

Anybody any idea why - or how to solve?
Sure I could use a temporary name and then re-name the files, but
maybe there is something more elegant.

Regards
Andreas