MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2007 12:36:39 -0700
On May 26, 2007, at 07:55 AM, Emmett Gray wrote:

> I have an AS application that breaks if file vault is turned on.
> Can anyone point me to some information on this topic? The problem
> seems to be that the app refers to aliases which are not recognized
> because they are encrypted by file vault.

Is this application running while the File Vault-protected user is
not logged in?

What File Vault does is place the entire user home directory into an
encrypted disk image file. While logged in, this disk image is
mounted, otherwise the contents are not accessible (unless, of
course, you were to mount it yourself).

If the script is running while the user is logged in, it shouldn't
matter whether the user has File Vault on or not, so I'm not sure
what the problem would be.

--
Chris Page - Dylan Programmer

  Open Source Dylan Compilers: <http://www.opendylan.org/>