MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Gary (Lists)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 18:19:14 -0400
"Chuck Pelto" wrote:

> TO: All
> RE: Success!

Excellent, Chuck(les).

> I have found a workable solution to this matter.
>
> I tried PDF to iPhoto to iMovie to iDVD.
> I tried PDF to iMovie to iDVD.
> I tried PDF to Keynote to iDVD.
>
> All of these were remarkably fuzzy.
>
> I tried PDF to JPEG to iDVD (snapshots). THIS WORKS!!!!!
>
> Thank you....all for your comments and support. The audio file idea
> is excellent. My only difficulty with it is how do we get THAT to
> come up in a manner the vision-impaired can readily access, from a
> disc with so much other material on it, when iDVD cranks out a visual.
>
> I guess I could put in audio instructions in the start up screen.
> Something like, "For the vision impaired, please (do such and
> such)...." But is there a better way?

That seems like a sufficient way to make the audio information known, Chuck.

A short audio note that fires off when the user engages the 'Play' mode for
the primary track.  Having an audio version on a wholly other disc track
might also be pretty normative.  (Like turning on the audio commentary for a
movie.)

I'm glad that audio tip came in and pleased that it could be deployed to
reach even more folks.

--
Gary