MACSCRPT Archives

May 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chuck Pelto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2007 13:09:25 -0600
TO: All
RE: Success!

I have found a workable solution to this matter.

I tried PDF to iPhoto to iMovie to iDVD.

I tried PDF to iMovie to iDVD.

I tried PDF to Keynote to iDVD.

All of these were remarkably fuzzy.

I tried PDF to JPEG to iDVD (snapshots). THIS WORKS!!!!! The font I
used is Geneva. The size is 18 points. On a television screen it
comes across legibly.

Thank you....all for your comments and support. The audio file idea
is excellent. My only difficulty with it is how do we get THAT to
come up in a manner the vision-impaired can readily access, from a
disc with so much other material on it, when iDVD cranks out a visual.

I guess I could put in audio instructions in the start up screen.
Something like, "For the vision impaired, please (do such and
such)...." But is there a better way?

I'm open to suggestions on that.

Regards,

Chuck(le)
[Chance favors the prepared minds. -- Louis Pasteur, Father of
Microbiology]