LLTI Archives

April 2007, Week 5

From:
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:40:28 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: RE: #8523 Japanese game, Operator's Side
>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:47:19 -0400
>From: "Toulouse, Mary T" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"

Todd Bryant from Dickinson replied that there is a Japanese version for
the PlayStation.

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-PS3-Console-Japanese-Version/dp/B000KW
GWHS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-0356788-2220067?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=11
77699399&sr=8-3

He also wanted to know if there were compatibility issues between the
Japanese games and American consoles or vice versa?

The research we did last summer showed compatiblity issues--maybe this
has changed with time.  We wanted the game to be voice-activated in
Japanese and therefore had to purchase it in Japan.  But, we didn't want
to buy a Japanese console (the game won't work on an American machine
and we can't have a separate machine for every language we teach!),which
is why we bought the swap-magic CD.

Mary