LLTI Archives

April 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:00:11 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. Foelsche ---

>Date: 10 Apr 2007 07:56:31 -0400
>From: Otmar K. Foelsche
>Subject: technology posting submission
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from "R Freeman" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "R Freeman" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: technology posting submission
>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:59:14 +0000

Dear Moderator,

I'd like to post the following inquiry on the listserv:

Subject: wireless mikes in the classroom

I'd like to know other teachers' recommendations and experiences with
wireless microphone systems in the classroom.

I'm thinking to purchase multiple wireless mike/receivers, connect them all
into one 16 channel mixer and, that way, be able to record myself and
students during a class session and ulimately edit and archive the audio.

Does anyone know if a good system that allows for multiple (10+) wireless
mikes to be channeled to one central receiver without major interference?
(Ideally, I'm thinking one tabletop mike or wireless handheld mike per pair
of students in a 20 student classroom).  If such a system isn't out there,
has anyone tried to use multiple two-mike systems, each on its own
respective frequency?

I'd like to avoid a scenario where only one wireless mike is being passed
around. Rather, I want to find a less conspicuous way of recording the
entire class allowing for multiple stationary handheld, or lavalier mikes.

Thanks
Brett Freeman
National Kaohsiung Normal University

Download Messenger. Join the iim Initiative. Help make a difference today.

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.