MACSCRPT Archives

April 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lloyd Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:04:11 -0400
RJay,

I do the same thing, where I have scripts to mount the network volumes
rather than use alias'.

I find that sometimes the drive is not mounted in the Finder, but it is
under /Volumes. If you restart the Finder, then the drive then shows
up. If the drive is not there and you run the script again, then the
drive still does not show up, but under /Volumes you have {drive}_1.
Restart the Finder and one shows up, but not the other.

I think some of the issue is within the Finder as well. If it is
restarted every couple of days on machines where a user is always
logged on, seem to help a great deal if there are a lot of drives
mounted and unmounted each day.

Lloyd