MACSCRPT Archives

February 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Emmanuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:42:20 +0100
Dear all,

I already posted here some cryptic announcements about an ambitious
project of ours. Now the project is coming out, and you are among the
first to know.

Based on an Applescript/Smile engine, we have designed a new web
site, Quomodo [1], which provides a new way for a group of members
(your friends, a working group, a club, etc), or a family, to
communicate and interact with better efficiency and with more
pleasure.

The first users say our site is innovative, simple to use, useful,
and addictive.

Our plans are to offer in this site (and to charge for them) services
made by third-party developers or teams. In a first step, the site
will propose only "smartnotes", which are like a new kind of widget.
In a second step the site will propose full-fledged services [2].

To write a smartnote, you need only html and Javascript.

To write a full-fledged service, you will use html, Javascript,
AppleScript, and whatever language you wish to call from your
AppleScript. This will be in a few months.

So, at this step, Quomodo proposes you to develop widgets of a new
kind that we call smartnotes. As you will see in more details in the
URLs below, smartnotes differentiate with respect to other
environments of widgets such as Google personal page on the following
points.
1. making a smartnote is very easy, you don't need a web server,
since we host smartnotes ourselves,
2. smartnotes are able to provide more creative features, due to the
fact that smartnotes live in the context of a group of members,
3. a smartnote can bring money to its developer(s), as you can choose
to charge our customers for them.

We recommend to all of you who are familiar with Javascript that you
visit now Quomodo's developer site [3] and start making whatever
smartnote you may be thinking of. Please don't hesitate to spread the
word around you.

Also, your feedback will be very welcome.

Thanks for your attention, and enjoy!
Emmanuel
Satimage-software, and now also
Quomodo

[1] The beta version of our site is at <http://beta.quomodo.com>.
[2] A proof of concept of AppleScript-based web-apps is at:
<http://www.myworksonline.com>.
[3] The pages for developing at Quomodo are at
<http://beta.quomodo.com/services/develop_en/develop.html>.