MACSCRPT Archives

February 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J.L. Slangen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:46:10 +0100
Hello,
In Mail.app one can save files attached to messages (attachments) and
use them in other applications. By clicking the triangle in the
header of the message one sees the icons of each attached file. By
clicking the Save  button one can move a particular attachment to for
example a folder on the Desktop.
I want to mimic that behavior in an applescript. How do I do that?
It is not so difficult to "speak" to an attachment inside Mail. Here
is an example
tell application "Mail"
set theAttachment to mail attachment 3 of message 2 of mailbox "A"
end tell
But I have not discovered in the Mail.app Dictionary any command that
moves an attachment from inside Mail to outside Mail. That is to say,
I am unable to get the "move", "make" and "save" commands to do
anything that comes near to what the aforementioned Save button
accomplishes. Any suggestion?
Thank you for any insight.
Best regards,
Jef Slangen