LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:45:08 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "kate hammond" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>From: "kate hammond" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #8440 soundfile extraction from Powerpoint
>Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:27:09 -0000

Hello

If you have an audio track that is either embedded in a file e.g. PowerPoint
or is in a proprietary format that cannot be picked up by audio editing
software e.g. Audacity, we use sound card capture software.  To capture the
sound you play the file or access streaming audio and use the capture
software to save the audio - usually as an MP3.

Totalrecorder http://www.totalrecorder.com/ is our favourite as it just
works out of the box but allows lots of flexibility if you need to be more
sophisticated, even a noise reduction add on for capturing cassette
recordings.

Regards
Kate Hammond
www.langlabresources.co.uk