LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:21:36 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:44:50 -0600
>From: Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: on-line placement tests

Thanks SO MUCH to those of you who offered suggestions about on-line
placement tests for French and other languages. It's a very busy time
and I may not have time to investigate them until as late as spring
break, but having the information is very helpful. One issue my
colleague raised is the issue of having a more advanced friend take the
test for them. Does anyone have suggestions about how to reply to such
concerns or ideas about how to remedy academic dishonesty in this situation?
Renewed thanks. I'm a bit of a lurker but really appreciate the list.
Best, Tammy

--
Tammy Berberi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of French