LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:53:36 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:45:28 -0700
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8440 soundfile extraction from Powerpoint

Perhaps File Juicer would help:

<http://echoone.com/filejuicer/>

[From the web site]  >> File Juicer doesn't care what type file you
drop onto it; it searches the entire file byte by byte. If it finds a
JPEG, JP2, PNG, GIF, PDF, BMP, WMF, EMF, PICT, TIFF, Flash, Zip, HTML,
WAV, MP3, AVI, MOV, MPG, WMV, MP4, AU, AIFF or text file inside, it can
save it to your desktop or to another folder you choose. <<

I have used it for extracting text and images.  It has served me well.
I use it most often to get the complete, unformatted text out of MS
Word files containing lots of text boxes and tables.  I haven't tried
to extract sound files.  There is a free 15-day demo.  The program
license costs $12.95.  A bargain price, in my opinion.  This only runs
on Macintosh.

If you decide to try it, check the Preferences first.  By default, it
will try to find every kind of file it can think of.  I usually uncheck
all but one or two choices, so that it only looks for the kind of files
that I currently want to find.

Derek

> We have a PowerPoint presentation from which we would like to extract
>  the audio.  We no longer have the original sound files that were
> used   to create the PP and as far as we know once it is compressed,
> the   audiofiles can no longer be extracted.  Just wanted to make
> sure   there isn't some way we haven't thought of before we give up.
>
> Thanks, Mary Beth

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100