LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:54:23 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"

>Date:         Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:33:35 -0500
>From: "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"
>Subject: LLTI: approval required (924EEBC2)
>To: [log in to unmask]

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list at
LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. You can approve it using the "OK" mechanism (click on
the link below), ignore it, or repost an edited copy. The message will expire
automatically; you do not need to do anything if you just want to discard it.
Please refer to the list owner's guide  if you are not familiar with the "OK"
mechanism;  these instructions  are being  kept purposefully  short for  your
convenience in processing large numbers of messages.

To APPROVE the message:
http://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?OK=924EEBC2&L=LLTI
Our apologies for any cross-postings . . .

17th International Conference on Pragmatics & Language Learning (PLL)
Imin International Conference Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
March 26-28, 2007

http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/prodev/pll/

CONFERENCE SCHEDULE AVAILABLE ONLINE!
PRE-REGISTER NOW to enjoy special discount conference rates - DEADLINE
FEBRUARY 15, 2007!

The conference will address a broad range of topics in pragmatics,
discourse, interaction and sociolinguistics in their relation to second
and foreign language learning, education, and use, approached from a
variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives.

Conference highlights include . . .

PLENARY TALKS:
* Language in action:  Conversation analytic perspectives on grammar,
interaction, and language learning - Junko Mori (University of
Wisconsin-Madison)
* Reproduction and recursivity in high school ESL:  A critical analysis
of classroom language-in-use - Steven Talmy (University of British
Columbia)

INVITED COLLOQUIA:
* Study abroad experiences from a language socialization perspective
(Convener: Haruko Cook, University of Hawaii)
* Negotiating the self in another language: Discourse approaches to
language learning as cross-cultural adaptation (Convener: Christina
Higgins, University of Hawaii)

INVITED WORKSHOPS:
* Using questionnaires in research on pragmatics - Kenneth Rose (City
University Hong Kong)
* Teaching and learning L2 pragmatics in computer-mediated environments
- Julie Belz (Monterey Institute of International Studies)

And over 120 paper and poster presentations! An optional reception at
the Waikiki Aquarium!

Register early to get special rates!  The preregistration deadline is
February 15, 2007.  For more information, visit
http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/prodev/pll/

Mahalo for your interest,

Jim Yoshioka
Organizing Chair, PLL 2007
[...]

<center><bold>17th International Conference on Pragmatics & Language
Learning (PLL)

Imin International Conference Center, Honolulu, Hawaii

March 26-28, 2007

CONFERENCE SCHEDULE AVAILABLE ONLINE!

PRE-REGISTER NOW to enjoy special discount conference rates - DEADLINE
FEBRUARY 15, 2007!

</bold>The conference will address a broad range of topics in
pragmatics, discourse, interaction and sociolinguistics in their
relation to second and foreign language learning, education, and use,
approached from a variety of theoretical and methodological
perspectives.

Conference highlights include . . .

<bold>PLENARY TALKS:

</bold>* <italic>Language in action:  Conversation analytic
perspectives on grammar, interaction, and language learning -
</italic>Junko Mori (University of Wisconsin-Madison)

* <italic>Reproduction and recursivity in high school ESL:  A critical
analysis of classroom language-in-use</italic> - Steven Talmy
(University of British Columbia)

<bold>INVITED COLLOQUIA:

</bold>* <italic>Study abroad experiences from a language
socialization perspective</italic> (Convener: Haruko Cook, University
of Hawaii)

* <italic>Negotiating the self in another language: Discourse
approaches to language learning as cross-cultural adaptation</italic>
(Convener: Christina Higgins, University of Hawaii)

<bold>INVITED WORKSHOPS:</bold>

* <italic>Using questionnaires in research on pragmatics</italic> -
Kenneth Rose (City University Hong Kong)

* <italic>Teaching and learning L2 pragmatics in computer-mediated
environments</italic> - Julie Belz (Monterey Institute of
International Studies)

And <bold>over 120 paper and poster presentations</bold>! An optional
reception at the Waikiki Aquarium!

<bold>Register early to get special rates!  The preregistration
deadline is February 15, 2007.  For more information, visit

http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/prodev/pll/</bold>

Mahalo for your interest,

Jim Yoshioka

Organizing Chair, PLL 2007

--Boundary_(ID_effhexXu2GD+Z25t79XvOw)--

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.