LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:53:43 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Mccullough, Heather" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Need Vendor/Source for Japanese-language DVDs
>Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:30:16 -0500
>From: "Mccullough, Heather" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear IALLTers,

I would like to know if anyone can recommend sources other than
Amazon.com or Amazon.co.jp for purchasing Japanese-language DVDs with
Region One encoding.

Our Japanese faculty members have recently received funding to purchase
Japanese-language DVDs.  The problem is that many of the titles they
want to purchase only seem to be available in Region 2 or Region 3.
Region 0/Region ALL DVDs do not seem to play consistently in our
different classrooms and therefore we prefer Region 1 for ease-of-use.

Many thanks for any suggestions for locating Japanese DVDs with Region 1
encoding!

Heather McCullough

Heather McCullough, Ph.D.
Director, Language Resource Center