LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:28:57 -0500

We updated our old Tandberg lab with a new ELICE  model four years  ago.
Sony and Tandberg are definitely the leaders in the field, and we are  very
happy
with our lab.  The biggest question to ask is if you want a  dedicated
"audio" lab now that so much can be done with internet  resources.  Since we
also
have a dedicated computer lab, we decided not to  include computers for our
students.  Our students have assigned lab periods  and we wanted to ensure the
time would be spent listening and practicing  pronunciation, not checking email.
The instructor has internet access and  we have an epson projector if the
instructor wishes to use web content instead  of our audio programs.

Christine Tierney
Houston Community College
Intensive English Program

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching