LLTI Archives

January 2007, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:44:42 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Dartmouth College LISTSERV Server (15.0)"

>Date:         Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:59:51 -0500

SANAKO Educational Software Prepares for Windows Vista World

Editorial contact: Kimmo Karpijoki, Senior Manager, SANAKO Global Business
Services, ph. +358 (0)2-2166500, [log in to unmask]

In anticipation of the launch of the new Microsoft(R) Windows VistaTM operating
system to consumers at the end of January, SANAKO will highlight its new Study
line of teaching software at Britain's foremost educational technology event,
BETT. The Sanako solutions have been designed to run smoothly with the newest
platform from the world's best known software company.

SANAKO Study 500 is performance-improving teaching software that supports
teacher-led interaction in IT classrooms for the effective teaching of any
subject. It combines the use of IT and multimedia and its class management
features ensure that teachers are in full control of the stimulating learning
environment.

SANAKO Study 1200 is language teaching software that brings modern approaches to
traditional language learning routines using IT applications, multimedia and the
Internet. Its powerful content authoring capabilities make it easy for teachers
to combine text, audio, video and images to create fresh new teaching content to
stimulate learners.

Positive Reviews for SANAKO Study Software

SANAKO will feature video customer testimonials about Study 1200 from such
leading institutions as Aston University in Birmingham and Durham High School.
Both schools have already started seeing benefits for both teachers and learners
following installation of the software. "We're all fired up...the possibilities
are endless!" declared Fiona Parker, Head of Modern Languages at Durham School.

Beverly Adab, Director of Undergraduate Programmes at Aston University's School
of Languages and Social Sciences said the software helps students successfully
build on what they've already learned, and develops more confident and motivated
learners. "We've already applied for money to extend this SANAKO facility to
other e-learning classrooms," she added.

Both solutions are suitable for wireless networks, and both have been built with
on the Microsoft .NET platform, to ensure compatibility the new Windows Vista
operating system.

SANAKO's Chief Technology Officer Timo Vasankari said that compatibility with
the new platform has played an important role in product development at Sanako.
"We'll soon see the first applications carrying the Windows Vista Certified
logo. This will not only provide a competitive edge, it will raise the bar for
Sanako, our competitors and the wider educational software industry. In time it
will also become an essential feature for new software and applications," he
added.

Sanako Study 500 and Study 1200 will take centre stage at the Sanako stand when
BETT opens at the Olympia in London on January 10. Visitors can find out more
about Sanako's revolutionary teaching software at Stand number P 69.

For more information and to view video case studies, visit www.sanako.com

SANAKO Corporation

SANAKO, formerly Tandberg Educational, is a learning technology company
developing language teaching solutions, teaching and classroom management
software, virtual learning and professional development solutions, as well as
supplying customer services. We are the world leader in live language learning
technology. Today's solutions include modern software, wireless and mobile
systems that act as a catalyst for improving teaching outcomes by motivating
learning.

Our sales network reaches customers all over the world and we've provided
Tandberg Educational Quality to satisfied users in over 100 countries. We serve
our customers through a network of resellers in 70 countries. Based in Finland,
the company has sales offices in China, France, UAE, UK and US.  SANAKO is a
Microsoft(R) Certified Partner and Blackboard Building Blocks community member.

Microsoft, Vista and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net
The following files are available for download:
http://wpy.waymaker.net/client/waymaker1/WOLReleaseFile.aspx?id=355715&fn=wkr000
1.pdf