MACSCRPT Archives

January 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:44:32 -0500
Looking at my code what I have is

set boxtagpath to alias "Macintosh HD:Filename"
tell application "QuarkXpress"
	activate
	set import styles to true
	set convert quotes to false
	tell document 1
		try
			set thisBox to (object reference of first text box whose name is
boxname)
		on error
			display dialog ("Box "&boxname&" doesn't exist)
		end try
		set story 1 of thisBox to BoxTagPath
	end
end

I just did a test for multiple boxes with the following code.

Tell document 1 of application "QuarkXpress"
	set boxlist to every text box of document 1 whose name is "Foo"
	repeat with abox in boxlist
		set story 1 of abox to "This is a test"
	end repeat
end tell

As for redoing everything in InDesign, its a major pain.  There are
some things that you just can't do or can't do easily.  I am so close
to writing my own page layout system for scripting.