LLTI Archives

December 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:33:50 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:25:37 -0600
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8424 multimedia project
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Hi Helen,

Since wiki's seem to be the topic recently, I would recommend using a
wiki for this project. One page could be created and then sub-
sectioned off for students to each add their components. It is
relatively easy to add any sort of media to a wiki page and all
students would be able to see it. The only thing that I would
recommend in order to really get the true usefulness of a wiki out of
it would be for the students to have to read/listen to other students
postings and in some way interact with that content through
additional commenting or questions/expansions on their classmates
postings. The point of a wiki is to be collaborative and to write for
a broader audience than the instructor alone. The description you
give below is missing that piece but I think it could be added to
make the work more interesting both for students and the professor.
There are innumerable benefits of such a change that I can think of
but won't bother burdening the list with.

Lauren
Lauren Rosen
Collaborative Language Program
University of Wisconsin