LLTI Archives

November 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:22:41 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:28:54 -0500
>From: Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Multi-system vcr
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]>

Forgive me if I've missed a recent post on this, but I'm looking for

current information regarding a perennial problem:

Our multi-system vcr just went out, and I'm thinking of replacing it wi
th
either a Samsung SV-5000W vcr with built-in converter (still available

from digitalmegastore.com, among others, for $308, though they may no
longer be making them) or a multi-system vcr together with a separate
converter (world-import.com, also known as World Gift Center, has a combo

package for $429.99).

The separate converter claims to produce better quality video. I've als
noticed a couple of posts from 2004 warning against doing business with

World Gift Center.

Does anyone have advice about either of these or another solution for
playing PAL and French SECAM tapes?

Thanks,
Viktor Berberi
The Hasselmo Language Teaching Center
University of Minnesota, Morris

**
Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
Otmar K. Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])
**