LLTI Archives

November 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:57:47 -0500
--- Forwarded Message from "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Richard Laden" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI-Editor" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: new LangLab Let'sT@lk modules released (ADVTSG)
>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:37:26 -0800

     I'd like to inform those interested in LangLab that we recently released
our Let'sT@lk modules for pair and group conversation. A demo version is
downloadable from our site http://www.elanglab.com. The site has been revised
slightly and has information about these modules and screenshots in the How It
Works section. The pedagogical case for LangLab is set forth in the Why LangLab
and Pedagogy sections of our site, particularly in a .pdf document found there.
In the Pedagogy section readers will also fnd a document detailing the ways
instructors can combine skills and functions within LangLab lessons, with
examples of use.
     For those not yet familiar with LangLab, it is an all-skill multimedia
platform for teaching any language, allowing students to work individually or as
a group, with teacher-student interaction through real-time monitoring and easy
asynchronous feedback via comments instructors insert at any point in students'
recordings. Its lesson-creation tools allow instructors to combine any
audiovisual instructional resources available in file form (from video clips to
documents or images) or as Web pages with recordings they make or import,
written questions and answer boxes, etc. LangLab facilitates integrated and
mutually-reinforcing activities in language skills. Usable both on-site and over
the Internet, LangLab is the only cross-platform solution with comparable
functionality and by far the least expensive product of its type.

     Regards,

     Richard Laden
Dr. Richard A. Laden
Director, E-LangLab, LLC
Berkeley, California
Web site http://www.elanglab.com

**
Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
Otmar K. Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])
**