MACSCRPT Archives

November 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:21:08 -0800
On Nov 22, 2006, at 7:00 PM, MACSCRPT automatic digest system wrote:

> snip...
> None of the above.
>
> Adding the alias coercion results in a compile error, with or
> without Finder tell.
>
> And again, supposedly I still have the same version of Standard
> Additions I had two weeks ago.  Why would Silverlining modify
> Applescript?
>
> I'm going to try reinstalling the system.

I have never seen SilverKeeper cause a problem with another app, and
I have many clients using it.

If you reinstall os9 and it is a corrupt Preference, you will still
have the problem.

Before reinstalling, try dragging the Preferences folder that is
inside the System Folder to the desktop and restart immediately.

See if the problem persists. If not, there is a corrupt preference,
now you must narrow down what is causing the problem.

Otherwise trash the new Preferences folder, and move the one that is
on the desktop back into the System Folder, restart and reinstall os9.

--
Bill
Santa Cruz, California