MACSCRPT Archives

November 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Joe Barwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:38:08 +1300
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Mark Lively <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My suggestion was to use a filemaker script that has one step
>
>goto related record [Show only related records]
>
>Then have an applescript which is
>
>Tell application "FileMaker Pro"
>	do script "RelatedRecords"
>	get every record of layout "Data Layout"
>end tell

Hello Mark,

The applescript step that you describe must be occurring from within the child file's context, right? I had thought you were offering a solution from within the parent file's context, i.e. from the original "end" of the relationship/tunnel. My mistake.

Cheers!

Joe

Selected from Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's Dictionary":
EXTINCTION, n. -- The raw material out of which theology created the future state.