MACSCRPT Archives

November 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:52:35 -0500
We have a G4 still running OS 9.2, used mostly for backups. I
recently hooked up a LaCie external hard drive and installed the
accompanying Silverlining software, and the result seems to have
screwed up Applescript's ability to write to files. Scripts that used
to work now give error messages.

set someText to "this is a test"
set foo to choose file -->Disk:folder:test
set outFile to open for access foo with write permission
write someText to outFile starting at 0
close access outFile

Works. But...

set someText to "this is a test"
set foo to :"Disk:folder:test"
set outFile to open for access file foo with write permission
write someText to outFile starting at 0
close access outFile

--> "File Disk:folder.test wasn't found"

Any idea what's going on here?
--

Bill Steele