MACSCRPT Archives

November 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Ryan Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:32:20 -0500
On 11/14/06, at 11:18 AM, John A.M. Darnell said:

>I stumbled across a freeware version of widgets called wxWidgets
>which may be used in Perl and Python.  Is this a dependable package,
>or is it buggy?

It's good. With some attention to detail you can make your views etc look like they belong on the Mac. (Just like anything else: you can make an interface that looks and behaves like crap in Interface Builder too).

And the multiple language support (C++, Python, Perl, Ruby I think) is nice too - one toolkit for whatever language you're working in at the time. And cross-platform too :)

Hope this helps,
_Ryan Wilcox

--
Wilcox Development Solutions:          <http://www.wilcoxd.com>
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age            PGP: 0x2F4E9C31