MACSCRPT Archives

November 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Marc Bossiere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:43:07 -0500
I'm trying to write an Applescript as glue for soem HyperTalk scripting. I
run OS 9 on this computer for specific reasons. I'm trying to find the
equivelant of

tell application "Internet Explorer"
        (GetWindowInfo -1)
        display dialog item 1 of result
end tell

to work for Netscape/Mozilla. The above script always returns the URL of the
topmost IE window, but the best I can do with Netscape is

tell application "Netscape"
    display dialog URL of front window as string
end tell

The problem is, it isn't necessarily the front window! Why? If I have 5
windows open it may or may not return the URL of the active window (instead
giving the URL of an open but inactive window. I've studied the Dictionary
for Netscape but I don't fully understand the syntax of Applescript.

Can anyone help? I'm sure it's simple.