LLTI Archives

October 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:56:12 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:15:25 -0500
>From: Lauren Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MediaWiki +Arabic
>To: LLTI message <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone,

We are using MediaWiki in a number of our language courses. I just
got a message however from our Arabic instructor expressing the
following problem:
> Regarding Wiki, students expressed to me their  frustration in typing.
> Typing Arabic is easy but putting punctuation or moving to the next
> line is mixing up the order of the words.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with using MediaWiki? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lauren Rosen
Collaborative Language Program Director
University of Wisconsin