LLTI Archives

October 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:14:57 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:36:59 -0400
>From: Barbara Sawhill <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Language Lab Unleashed--> The Fall 06  webcast line up
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum

Here is the fall line up for Language Lab Unleashed's webcasts. All
shows broadcast over the Internet LIVE from 8 p.m. - 9 p.m. EST (please
note change in broadcast time!!!)

For information on how to listen, join the conversation, access the
podcasts, please go to http://www.languagelabunleashed.com

*October 19:* A conversation with Janet Swaffar, UT-Austin, Dept. of
Germanic Studies, and author of "Remapping the Foreign Language
Curriculum: An Approach through Multiple Literacies" (MLA Press, 2005)

*October 26:* Rebroadcast of a previous show....any requests?

*November 2:* A conversation about Foreign Language Podcasting
Initiatives. Guests include: Julio Rodriguez, Director of the Language
Studies Resource Center at Iowa State University; Noelle Isenberg,
Director of the Foreign Language Podcasting Studio and Director of the
German Online Initiative at Penn State University, and others

*November 9:* A conversation with Dawn Skorczewski, Director of
University Writing and Associate Professor of English and American
Literature at Brandeis University and author of "Teaching One Moment a
Time: Disruption and Repair in the Classroom." (UMass Press, 2005)

*November 16:* Blogging and Assessment: A follow-up conversation:
Checking back in with Geoff Andrews, Superintendent of the Oberlin (OH)
Public Schools, Mike Baker, IT Evangelist of Polaris Career Center
(Cleveland, OH) and Brian Alegant, Professor, Oberlin Conservatory of
Music (all of whom participated in our somewhat chaotic LLU #12 show on
September 28, 2006) and all of whom talked about their blogging
initiatives, the messy work of assessment, and teaching with technology.

*November 23:* no show: Happy Thanksgiving. Watch football and eat
turkey instead.

*November 30: *Skype: Teaching Tool or Network Nemesis?: We are looking
for participants (please send email to address below)

*December 7:* Teaching Languages Across the Curriculum: We are looking
for participants (please send email to address below)

*December 14:* Do you Moodle? Using Moodle for Foreign Language
Curricular support: We are looking for participants (please send email
to address below)

Care to join in? Have an idea for a show? Please email us at

--Barbara