LLTI Archives

October 2006, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:28:33 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from waltje <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:45:21 +0200
>From: waltje <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>Subject: Re: #8338 QT Streaming Problem

Dear All:

First of all, thank you to Otmar, John Stewart, Hans Gilde, Karen Tusack,
Doug Worsham, Ginny White, Jeff Magoto, and Sharon Scinicariello for
offering valuable hints and insights re: our QT streaming conundrum.

I have to report, though, that the problem still persists. I have a
feeling, both from the feedback I received and since the problem seems to
appear randomly on both Mac and PC, that Quicktime just happens to be
quirky.  In the meantime, after I tried to remove and re-install Quicktime,
even files that used to work (converted .asf and .avi files) suddenly do
not display the video track anymore, but rather a white screen while the
audio plays just fine.  ???   I made it worse, methinks.  I could see other
people's streaming files (e.g. the ones Ginny and Jeff supplied from the
YLC) but not my own, then those stopped working on my G4 PowerBook and my
MacBook, but still work on my Toshiba Laptop.

To cut a long story short:  How do you uninstall/remove Quicktime 7 and
start again with a clean install?  Does anybody know?  Should I just stop
being obsessive and wait for QT 8 to come out...? Or are there other QT
experts out there who have not responded yet? (Paging Derek Roff and
Christopher Jones  :-)

All the best for now,   Jorg

		*****

--On Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:48 PM -0400 LLTI-Editor

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.