MACSCRPT Archives

October 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
John Delacour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:44:20 +0100
<http://wiki.mozilla.org/Penelope>

The announcement, long overdue, that Cocoa Eudora is not to be,
presumably means that Eudora will be AE free for a long time into its
birth pangs -- Thunderbird is completely AE ignorant -- and Steve
Dorner is unlikely, if I know him, to have scriptability anywhere
near the top of his to-do list.  Apple events do not figure, so far
as I can see, in the Mozilla list of technologies.

A good scripting dictionary would go towards sugaring the pill and I
can think of a handful of people on this list I'd be happy to see get
involved in creating it.  I can also think of a whole tribe of
idiots, not on this list, that could turn it into a monstrosity if
they got their paws on the project.

Speak up ye old Eudora faithfuls!

JD