MACSCRPT Archives

October 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Barry Wainwright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:55:51 +0100
Išve been trying to output a file to PDF and have tried both groff and
enscript, followed by pstopdf, but they both produce pdfs with all the lines
superimposed on one another at the top of the page.

Here's the shell script call I'm using:
        set shellCommand to "echo " & quoted form of outputText & "|enscript
-B -n r -o -|pstopdf -o " & quoted form of (folderName & fileName) & " -i"

or:
    set shellCommand to "echo " & quoted form of outputText --& "|groff -T
ps -i |pstopdf -o " & quoted form of (folderName & fileName) & " -i"

Followed by
        do shell script shellCommand

'outputText' contains several (mac formatted) paragraphs of text. I have
tried running the results of the echo command through a 'tr' pipe to change
line endings, without any success. I have also tried writing the data to a
temporary file with either mac or unix line endings, but again, no change in
the output.

Any clues on how to use either of these commands effectively would be
appreciated.

--
Barry