LLTI Archives

September 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:10:00 -0400
There is a special technology training program at SDSU called PICT.
After much research they recommended the Logitech Premium 350 USB
headset.  At the SDSU bookstore they only cost $35 although they
retail for over 50 at Best Buy or Circuit City.

I have been using them for recording and webcasting and think they
are phenomenal, both with regard to listening and recording.  We have
ordered 10 for our Mac lab.

Hope this helps,

Trevor

-----2-- from [log in to unmask]

Read,

We have been happy with our "Plantronics DSP-400 Digitally Enhanced USB
Computer Headset."  We have used these since Fall 05 and I have had to
replace one headset.  The reason was a student inadvertently pulled out
the wiring---it was caught on the furniture.

Kristy

Kristy M. Britt
Instructor of Spanish
Director, Language Resource Center
Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of South Alabama
Humanities 326
Mobile, Alabama 36688

office (251)461-1457
fax (251)460-7130
department (251)460-6291

-----3-- from   [log in to unmask]

Hi Read,

I just bought about 6 Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 w/ Microphone.
I did a bunch of reading on headsets before I bought and that seemed
to come pretty highly recommended. They ran about $36 each from
buy.com. I seem to remember there being a place that sells them at a
lower price when you buy bulk but I can't remember where...

Lauren

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.