LLTI Archives

September 2006, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:10:39 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from Charles Riley <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:47:16 -0400
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
<[log in to unmask]>,        [log in to unmask]
>From: Charles Riley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #8328.1 (!) Pashto Input on XP Help Request

Hi Joseph,

It looks like the Pashto (Afghanistan) locale is supported in an update to
Service Pack 2, although I've not tested this myself:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3fa7cdd1-506b-4ca0-bd47
-b338e337a527&displaylang=en#Overview

Charles Riley

At 02:10 PM 9/22/2006, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from FCCSWL Tech Support <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:40:23 -0400 (EDT)
> >From: FCCSWL Tech Support <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
> >Subject: Re: #8328 Pashto Input on XP Help Request
>
>When we had someone inputing Pashto a couple of years ago, he used the
>Farsi keyboard choice. Unfortunately, I do not remember if there were any
>missing characters.
>Amy
>
>Amy Wordelman
>Five College Center for the Study of World Languages
>
>On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>
> > --- Forwarded Message from Joseph O Kautz <[log in to unmask]> ---
> >
> > >Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
> > >From: Joseph O Kautz <[log in to unmask]>
> > >To: LLTI-List <[log in to unmask]>
> > >Subject: Pashto Input on XP Help Request
> >

> > Hello.  We need to set up input of Pashto on XP.   Pashto does not appear
> > in my list of input choices.   Is there a way to render and input pashto
> > on XP without installing a special font or keyboard?  i.e. how do you guys
> > do Pashto?   Many thanks.  Joseph

> > Joseph Kautz - Stanford Language Center & Digital Language Lab
> > tel: 650-796-8287

> >  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> > Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
>Teaching
> > and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
> > Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> > Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])
> >

>Five College Center for the Study of World Languages
>545-3453 http://www.umass.edu/fclang
>http://langmedia.fivecolleges.edu
>
>Five Colleges, Incorporated is the consortium of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount
>Holyoke and Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst

>  LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
>Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
>Teaching
>and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
>Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
>Otmar Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])

Charles L. Riley,
Cataloging Assistant
Sterling Memorial Library
Yale University