LLTI Archives

September 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:07:38 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:02:15 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Instructional Technologist Vacancy at UW Madison

Our department, L&S Learning Support Services at the University of
Wisconsin Madison, is seeking a qualified individual as an Instructional
Technology Consultant (Information Processing Consultant).   Our
department provides general instructional technology support for Letters
& Science, with a large number of our clients coming from language
departments.

Here is a basic summary.  The full job description and application
process can be found at
http://babel.lss.wisc.edu/aboutlss/ipcmedia54492.pdf   Feel free to
contact me directly if you have questions, or know of candidates who
might be interested.

Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least two years experience in the following areas: instructional
design and application of instructional technology at the post-secondary
level; media production (video, audio, multimedia, web-based);
management of production projects; videoconferencing; current software
applications, especially those used in an academic setting (course
management systems, presentation software, video and audio production
tools); online and distance education.

Principal duties:
The Instructional Technology Consultant works within the Department of
Learning Support Services (LSS) within the College of Letters & Science,
to support the effective use of instructional technologies for teaching
and learning. The consultant provides expert advice to faculty and
instructional staff, and instructional technology support staff. The
consultant works to promote increased understanding of and support for
the use of these technologies across the College - with individual
faculty, faculty groups, departments, professional degree and
certificate programs, and with other academic groups and initiatives.
The consultant provides initial assistance to faculty, instructional
design advice, instructional support services, and monitors emerging
technologies in teaching and learning to determine appropriate use in
education. The consultant must be able to work cooperatively within
teams, help plan and set priorities for the department's activities, and
collaborate effectively with campus groups. Because LSS is a relatively
small department, other duties will include helping with and/or
directing audio, video, and online production projects, and
collaborating with other LSS staff in managing LSS facilities and
programs.

For details, see the full Position Vacancy Listing #54492 at
http://babel.lss.wisc.edu/aboutlss/ipcmedia54492.pdf

Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding
the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot
be guaranteed confidentiality.  UW-Madison is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through
diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.

Read Gilgen
Director
L&S Learning Support Services
University of Wisconsin - Madison