LLTI Archives

September 2006, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:59:34 -0400
Has anyone had any experience with the Telex Zing card?  I find
claims on the web that it will allow you to digitize audio cassettes
at up to 8X normal speed ... or even more intriguing that you can
digitize 100 90-minute tapes a day.  It all sounds too good to be
true in view of the 5000 or so tapes we want to digitize, but with a
price tag of about $2500 I am a little leery.  Any insight  on this
product or other digitizing solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

P.S.  See the following URLs for details:
http://www.telex.com/Duplication/products.nsf/pages/Zing
http://www.avcom.co.uk/zing.htm

Jonathan Perkins
Associate Director