MACSCRPT Archives

September 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:33:45 +0200
I'm trying to update an old applescript that's working with filemaker
6 to work with filemaker 8.

with Filemaker 6 this was working:
---
tell application "FileMaker Pro"
   tell database 1
     tell layout 0
       tell current record
         set _town to (get data of cell "Town")
       end tell
     end tell
   end tell
end tell
--
but with Filemaker 8 I can't use layout 0, nor the current layout by
name (i.e. layout "thelayout"),

Filemaker 8:
--
tell application "FileMaker Pro"
   tell database 1
     --tell layout 0
     tell current record
         set _town to (get data of cell "Town")
     end tell
     --end tell
   end tell
end tell
--

I'm not sure that the currently displayed layout will show all fields
referenced by the script, and I would like to not having to display a

Any clues?
(I read somewhere that layout 0 was still supported in Filemaker 7
but I have not found any way to use it)