MACSCRPT Archives

September 2006

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Gary (Lists)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:39:00 -0400
"Mark Lively" wrote:

> If Chris is reading this I would gladly take a
> job at Apple to put good scripting into all of its applications.

That's clearly a non-starter.

If Apple found any economic advantage in adding AS support to its
applications, it would already be present in those apps.

Bottom line:  Bottom line.

> Is anyone aware of a good image catalog that runs on OS X and is
> AppleEvent-aware?

Yes. Get a solid web-based (i.e., browser-based) application -- of which
there are dozens.  This will usually be a PHP-based application and will
most often use SQL.

With this approach, you get a much wider range of scriptable control:
AppleScript for the browser, AS for the underlying PHP, AS for the SQL.

--
Gary